I had never made a BOM on my DSM and so I embarked on a FART. My husband suggested I check my STASH and my STABLE. I considered it since I had HIPS. I thought about my PhD and all of my PIGS but ignored this and left for my LQS.
I was excited about being out and about again and thought of WHIMM. Right now I have eleven WIPS and they seem to be WISP. Was I shopping for something that would be a WOMBAT? Thoughts swirled around in my head as to why I had so many WIPs. Maybe I had a FOB? Or maybe I doubted my FMQ skills. I pushed that aside and fantasized about all the FQs I would see, TOTs I might touch, and of course the WOWs that I loved so much.
After I shopped and purchased my BOM, I resolved to work on my UFOs. Maybe I would hire a LAQ or a MAQ? I knew one of each. If I did this, I could TGIF my UFOs and finally be happy with the PHIMC.
That’s my story. Now have fun matching up the acronyms with the quilting terms.
- BOM = Block of the Month
- DSM = Domestic Sewing Machine
- FART = Fabric Acquisition Road Trip
- FMQ = Free Motion Quilting
- FOB = Fear of Binding
- FQ = Fat Quarters
- HIPS = Hundreds of Ideas Piling Skyward
- LQS = Local Quilt Shop
- LAQ = Long-arm Quilter
- MAQ = Mid-arm Quilter
- PhD – Projects Half Done
- PHIMC = Projects Hidden in My Closet
- PIGS = Projects in Grocery Sacks
- STABLE = Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
- STASH = Special Treasures All Secretly Hidden
- TOT = Tone on Tone
- UFO = Unfinished Object
- WHIMM = Works Hidden in My Mind
- WIP = Work in Progress
- WISP = Work in Slow Progress
- WOMBAT = Waste of Money, Batting, and TIme
- WOW = White on White