2016 will end at midnight on December 31st. Looking at the closet I keep my quilting supplies in and looking at the area where my sewing machine and ironing board are, I tell myself that 2017 will be different. I hope this year my New Year’s Resolutions will fare better than my previous promises of losing weight, exercising more, and eating better!
In 2017 I resolve to:
- Have no UFO’s by the end of 2017.
- Make things using my stash.
- Find new places to hide my new fabric purchases (from my husband).
- Complete all my 2015 and 2016 row kits (or most – I’m a realist).
- Make and give away more quilts to charitable organizations.
- Visit more row quilt shops whenever I travel.
- Attend at least one quilt retreat.
- Change my rotary cutter blades more often and remember how they assemble on the rotary cutter.
- Organize my fabric and sewing supplies (and keep them that way).
- Pick up pins off the floor (before someone steps on them).
- Clean my house instead of sewing all day (this one makes me sad).
- Take at least one sewing or quilting class.
- Have a Row by Row Experience girl party.
- Take Grandkids shopping for a Row by Row Junior pattern.
- Make everything I like and like everything I make (my wish for you too).
If you have a New Year’s Resolution you would like to add to my list, please share.
Thank you to all my sewing and quilting friends for this past year. We have had so much fun and I am looking forward to much, much more. Thank you to all the Studio readers and thank you for your comments. Thank you to the quilt shop owners and those that work in quilt shops. Many, many quilters, sewers, and rowers have enjoyed your hard work and caring. Thank you to the folks at Row by Row Experience for their ideas and sharing them. And thank you to our family for their encouragement and support. Sewing and quilting are a passion for us and you supported it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!