Become a Row by Row Experience Shop!
Row by Row Experience® 2019 Registration is coming soon!
Design a bigger experience for your shop with participation in the charity focused The 9th Row and the all new Row by Row Junior, an experience just for kids.
Nov 20, 2018 – May 1, 2019
Shop Registration Period
June 1, 2019
Row Photo Mailed
June 21, 2019
Row by Row Begins
June 21- Sept 3, 2019
Travel, Collect & Shop
June 21 - Oct 31, 2019
Completed Quilts Submitted
Sept 4 - Oct 31, 2019
No More Free Patterns
Nov 1, 2019
2019 Game Over! Row patterns and kits may
be sold however you wish
Participating Shop Agrees to
1. Exist as an independent brick and mortar quilt shop and be open for regular summer hours. Quilt shop is defined as a retail store that carries the materials necessary to create a quilt: fabric on the bolt, thread, batting and inspiration!
2. Design a quilt row following the Row by Row Experience design guidelines and produce a pattern for the row.* Quilter must be able to complete your row using only the complimentary pattern pieces, instructions and photo or diagram. Pattern must include store contact information.
NOTE: Limit one official Row by Row Experience® pattern per shop.
3. Email photo of completed row to your area coordinator no later than June 1, 2019. Rows sent after June 1 may not be included in the Row by Row Experience® marketing program.
4. Provide one copy of the pattern for free to anyone who enters your store and requests it from June 21 through Sept. 3, 2019. Patterns may not be distributed online, by mail, or at venues outside the store during this time period, such as shows or events.
5. Shops that choose to sell kits must include a copy of the pattern in every kit. Kits may not be distributed online, by mail, or at venues outside the store during this time period, such as shows or events.
6. Patterns and kits may be sold in-store only (not online, by mail, or at venues outside the store) during quilting challenge period Sept. 4 through Oct. 31, 2019 (also known as the Hibernation Period). Patterns and kits may be sold in any way after Oct. 31, 2019.
7. Promote Row by Row Experience in your newsletter and other media outlets throughout the summer.
8. Award a bundle of 25 fat quarters to the first customer who brings in a completed (quilted, bound, labeled) row quilt using patterns from at least 8 different 2019 participating shops. Award a bonus prize of your choice if the finished quilt includes your row. A winning Row by Row Experience quilt in your store may include rows from Row by Row Junior and The 9th Row, but they may not be counted as any of the 8 rows needed to win a prize. Challenge expires October 31, 2019.
*NOTE: Row by Row Experience has a zero-tolerance policy for copyright infringement. Your pattern must be original work or used with permission of the pattern designer. Any shop found to be in violation of this policy will be immediately expelled from the current and following years’ events and deleted from all event advertising. Consumers will be notified that the shop is no longer participating through social media outlets and state coordinator mail lists.
Row Design Guidelines
You have the option of choosing a new shape for your row pattern! Shapes work together allowing creative options for row designers and collectors. Shops are limited to one row pattern per store. Click here for a larger view of the shapes!
Be creative and have fun with the theme!
Design a row pattern
• Follow theme
• Be creative! Any method is fine: pieced, appliqué, paper piecing, embroidery, etc.
• Create a pattern that you will hand out for free to anyone who comes in the store and asks for it. It’s your decision how you present your pattern: black and white or color printing, to bag or not, freebie included (buttons, etc). This is your event!
Work with a local pattern designer to create your row and sample. You will be sure to get professional results and the designer will get lots of great marketing. You could create a display of his/her patterns and samples to feature during the event. This type of cooperation is a big benefit to all in our industry