Find and explore beautiful quilt shops as you travel the world!
Although the quilt shops are organized by area, quilters have no borders. Travel, shop, collect patterns and add rows to your quilt from anywhere! Row by Row Sew Musical starts June 21, 2018.
Long Tall Sally
Short and Sassy
Start Here – Click a box and choose an area (state or province)! Download travel and picture lists!
ROW BY ROW EXPERIENCE 2018 MAP
Row by Row Rules
- Visit any participating RxR quilt shop to pick up your free RxR Sew Musical themed row pattern. One pattern per person.
- Each shop creates a pattern, then gives it away for one row in a row quilt.
- Collect as many rows as you can, then mix and match your rows to create a fun and unique quilt.
- Have fun traveling, shopping and collecting as many different patterns as you like during the RxR collecting period, June 21–September 4, 2018.
- Have more fun making the rows and designing a quilt. Visit other participating shops all over the US, Canada and Europe to add rows to your quilt if you wish.
- Anytime between June 21–October 31, 2018 be the first person to bring a finished (quilted, bound, labeled) quilt using at least 8 different rows from 8 different participating stores into a participating quilt shop and receive a bundle of 25 beautiful fat quarters.
- Rowers may include The 9th Row and RxR Junior designs in a RxR quilt, but they may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
- Include the shop’s row in your quilt and receive a bonus prize! Limit one prize per person.
Quilters love to collect! At Row by Row, we partner with fabulous companies to offer fun collectibles so ‘rowers’ have even more ways to enjoy the annual theme and keep the memories growing. FabricPlates, from Debra Gabel of Zebra Patterns, are perfect for collecting and adding to projects. Check out tshirts, hangers, rulers, and a huge collection of adorable collectible pins.
It’s easy! Simply visit any participating 2018 Row by Row quilt shop during the summer and ask for their free pattern for a row in a quilt. The 2018 theme is Sew Musical, and each shop is working with the theme in their row. The shops are happy to give you the pattern at no cost, limit one per person, walk-in customers only.
The shops are all over the U. S. and into Canada. How can I get the row patterns from quilt shops that are far away from me?
You can’t. The shops are offering the pattern only to customers who walk in the door. Please don’t ask them to email or mail their row patterns.
Can I make copies of the patterns I collect?
Absolutely not! That’s a big no-no! The patterns are copyright property of the designers.
So, is this a shop hop?
Kinda. But there are no fees and no cards to stamp.
Are there prizes? Can I win something?
Yes! With the Row by Row Experience you win a prize for sewing! Complete a quilt using at least 8 different rows from 8 different 2018 participating shops. Be the first to bring it into a shop and you win a stash of 25 fat quarters. (That’s 6-1/4 yards of fabric!) Win a bonus prize for using that store’s row in your quilt.
Row by Row Junior designs and The 9th Row may be used in your quilt, but may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
What do you consider “complete” when it comes to my quilt.
Quilted, bound, labeled.
What pattern do I use for my quilt?
You decide. Stack your rows, arrange around a center medallion, make them horizontal, vertical, upside down, on the front, on the back, whatever! You are the designer. Be creative and have fun, but be sure to use 8 different 2018 rows from 8 different 2018 Row by Row shops.
Sorry, Charlie. One prize per quilter. You can make several quilts and show them off in several shops, but you may only claim one prize. Your quilt will be photographed for Facebook, and everyone will see it, so play fair!
How do I know which shops are participating?
Click here to see the RxR map, where all participating shops are listed. Click the state you are traveling in to see the listing of shops.
Are all of the shops open for the same hours?
No. It would be too difficult to organize this for the whole summer. Be sure to check the shops’ websites or call ahead when planning your route to verify their hours.
Can I see pictures of the rows?
Yes! Each area has a Facebook page and the shops will post photos of their rows when they are ready to show. You can “Like” your area’s page and any you plan to visit, but you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to see the photos. The Facebook page links are on the website.
What are the exact dates of the event?
June 21 through September 4, 2018 to collect the free patterns. June 21 until October 31, 2018 to submit a quilt for a prize.
Anything else I should know?
Lots! Each shop is participating in Row by Row Experience in their own way. Buy kits for the rows you love and see demos for new quilting products when you visit many of the shops. Many others carry FabricPlates from Zebra Patterns and coordinating Row by Row On the Go fabrics.