Wool Stitchery and quilting at its best!
Like it’s cousin Row by Row Experience, Wooly Block Adventure is all about quilting, travel, and collecting. For Wooly Block, quilters travel to wool stitchery shops to collect free block patterns that become a unique wool sampler.
People who participate in WBA are affectionately known as ‘Woolies’, quilters and stitchers full of enthusiasm and warmth for all things wool.
With Wooly Block, patterns are collected in a variety of ways, in shops, online and by mail order during the event. You do not need to be near participating shops to have fun and collect with Wooly.
Wooly patterns are highlighted each week on the RxR Experience website during the Wooly Block Adventure season, via Special Shoplight Shops pages. Wonderful sampler projects bring ‘woolies’ together in their shared love of wool. Woolies unite!
December 15 - February 15
Stitching Challenge Period
WOOLY BLOCK ON FACEBOOK
How Wooly Works
- Visit any Wooly Block Adventure store to receive one, free 8-inch wool appliqué block pattern
- Patterns and kits may be purchased online or mail order.
- Patterns and kits are available during the WBA collecting period only.
- Projects must use 8 WBA patterns from 8 different WBA shops.
- Each week, Spotlight Shop Patterns are featured on Row by Row Experience, and are available as a free pdf download.
- Spotlight Shop free patterns are available in PDF form only and will not be mailed.
- The first to bring their creation into a participating shop wins a prize of a wool fat quarter and a $25 gift certificate.
- Prizes awarded from December 16, 2018 and February 15, 2019.
The 9th Block
Since 9 is the perfect number to create a 3 block x 3 block sampler, a bonus 9th Block is available in several stores. Ask for it and include it in your project. Note: The 9th Block must be the 9th block. You still must include 8 blocks from 8 different 2018 WBA participating stores to claim a prize.
Is Wooly Block Adventure the same as Row by Row Experience?
Yes and no. Simply visit any participating Wooly Block Adventure™ (WBA) store this fall, October 16 and December 15, 2018, to receive one 8-inch wool appliqué block pattern for free!
Can I get a Wooly Block pattern if I don’t go to a shop?
Patterns and kits may be purchased online and by mail order during the event! You do not need to be near participating shops to have fun and collect with Wooly!
What are Spotlight Shops?
Be watching for Spotlight Shops! Every participating WBA shop will be featured for a few days here on the Row by Row Experience website as a “Spotlight Shop.” During this featured time, their Wooly Block Adventure pattern will be available to you as a free download. Every participating shop will be featured! Keep checking back for new patterns! Note: Spotlight Shop free patterns are available in PDF form only and will not be mailed.
Are there Prizes?
Claim a prize! Create a project of your choice using at least 8 WBA patterns from 8 different participating WBA Fall 2018 stores. Be the first to bring it into a participating shop to win a prize of a wool fat quarter and a $25 gift certificate. You have between Dec 16, 2018 and February 15, 2019 to claim a prize!
What are the dates?
Visit any participating Wooly Block Adventure™ store between October 16 and December 15, 2018.